Funkadelic Journal Play

Since I cleaned up my studio, I realize
that it is definitely time to use it up
and do some serious making with
what’s on hand.

I love the combination of
funky and pretty, recycled
and reused and some new is
okay too.

A new journal, a funkadelic,
coloraholic journal has emerged
from the combination described
above.

Had to play with the pics, too much sun and shadow on the clothesline.
The cover is a cereal box covered in muslin, painted with acrylic.
I used leftover cut outs of tattered flowers to create this stencil
for the watercolor pages.

Glimmer mist for the background
in a blue and candlelight for the stencil.
Faux aging if you will.
Some pretty scrapbook paper pages,
recycled dryer sheets for the spines for
reinforcement and some fun mag images
that just pleased the eye.  I see Christmas
gifts in the making here…

Waxed linen thread, some linen ribbon, and some pretty Melody Ross
paper clips, voila, new journal.

The day is as near perfect and gorgeous as I can imagine, now
I am going to get out there and walk that big, black dog…..

Happy creating.

Comments

1. Marilyn Rock says:

What a beautiful funky journal for a beautiful day. I have been enjoying it, too! I think we're experiencing early color with the leaves. Maybe the hot summer? Enjoy the walk with your big, black dog :) xxoo

2. Play time is sooooo much fun! Love the new journal. Love the recycling. Love the color. YeeHaw!

3. Ooh this journal is absolutely beautiful… I love the color, Corrine…happy weekend to you…

4. I love, love your work and these journals are amazing! Very inspiring. I now collect "stuff" when I walk each day and glue the "stuff" on paper when I return to my office (ahem!) Yes, well, work is slow lately! Thank you for being a muse and, oh, how I wish I was on your Christmas List!!1

5. lyle baxter says:

nice journal!what size is it? will it fit in my canvas squam bag? I use that to haul handwork around with me and a journal would be nice to add to the goodies already in the bag! Dear Santa….seriously it looks good! lyle

6. Curtains In My Tree says:

So glad I found your blog, looks like you do altered art books. which I relly like. I posted one on my blog today. I like lots of things right now so its not all about altered art.

Janice

7. So loving your Journals Corrine.

8. Very pretty :)

9. NuminosityBeads says:

You just may need to have a journal making workshop weekend someday next year, Maine perhaps? We'll talk!
    See you soon, xoxo Kim

10. Joyce at Calico Paint says:

I love the funky and colorful books you make. They make me want one. Unfortunately, I already have many blank journals, I mean BLANK!! LOL. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I always enjoy your comments.

11. In the Light of the Moon says:

Ooooh I love your new journal and the great recycled items!!Wow..its so much fun making something new out of something old!!Bravo!!Warmest Regards,Cat

12. The Itsy Bitsy Spill says:

Lovely!!! Your writing is music to my ears. I love how you explain things with such beauty, so eloquent!!!

I love what you are doing!

Mua!!!

13. http://truutske.blogspot.com/ says:

This journal is really beautiful. The image the colors..great artwork. Love it.

14. Sounds like the perfect day Corrine!
    Your journal looks fab …I love those clips down the sides; great idea :-)

15. way cool journal!

16. love this its excellent..I have been doing boring housework today but I did make a delicious choc cake for tea..have a good weekend

17. La Dolce Vita says:

oh great minds think alike I just used glimmer mist and stencils for my Sept pages!! and lucky you to get to play with Kim!! your heart will be coming soon!! xox