Pretties and Whimsies

Normally I don’t do pretty.
It’s not that I don’t like pretty,
I am a true romantic at heart,
I love the hand of a beautiful piece
of cloth, or a bit of lace and ribbon,
but somehow that’s not what
shows up on the studio table.

I love all those blogs and mags
that show sumptuous rooms
filled with white
(not with four dogs however)
and romantic, vintage bits
and lovelies like Cat has
always. Birdcages, fountains,
dried branches and mosses.

In my house and my life they
would be destroyed in an instant.
So I have given up the notion of
having that perfect living room
with antique bottles and old velvets
draping everything for the more
sturdy and practical leather and
distressed wood look.

But my son’s shop needed some
romantic updating for Fall and
I spent yesterday on part one,
some new decorative wall pieces
to spruce things up.  Thank goodness
for Prima Marketing and others like
them for making so much available
for just this purpose.

Some pretties and whimsies for
the walls.

More to come.  Happy Monday all.

Comments

1. Happy Monday to you, too! Pretties indeed!!!!

2. La Dolce Vita says:

oh gosh, you make me blush!!!
    well… my hounders are much smaller than yours! tiny ankle biters so I can have my pretties out!! but with step daughters I remember packing away the breakables!! love your pieces to go to Jays and I am sure they will be a hit!!
    grazie for the plug, you are the best Corrine!!! xox

3. lyle baxter says:

you do make pretty pretties! but your best is the rough and ready! more relaxed and fun! I love seeing your work no matter which way it goes! I just hope the handsome prince appreciates your lovely thoughts for his lovely shop!

4. NuminosityBeads says:

It is nice to break out of your self inflicted mold. It seems when I try it somehow ends up with my stamp anyway. These will be great for your son's shop. I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort.
    xoxo Kim
    PS, ran off to town quickly and forgot to bring your package to the PO πŸ™

5. Im the same I would love to have a perfect studio with clean white walls, vintage findings, flowers and art everywhere with all the storage organised but then that would not be me as I live in creative messy chaos which is my personality! Love your little canvases especially the flowers

6. Oh yes, they are really so romantic and sweet,they are beautifull—and pretty-
    Love all you do, Corinne.
    Hugs,Dorthe

7. Denise Scaramai says:

dear, are very good work!
    I'm sure looked great in decorating!
    hugs!

8. these are AWESOME, Corrine!!! I see your colors, and that'll never change no matter what….now these are eye ctachers…. happy day to you!!

very pretty. I guess you do pretty in a pinch but you do it very well.

10. suziqu's thread works says:

Hi Corrine – Thanks for your lovely comment on my blogxx! You are an ARTIST – so therefore you can do pretty OR plain. I just can't get away from the rich colourful textures! I'm one that drapes the velvety quilts etc. but outside in the garden – well that's a different story! How is the autumnal light and colours looking at your place?
    xox Suzy

11. nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier says:

hehehehehe so pretty is this !!! πŸ™‚

12. Oh it is so nice to be able to create the pretties for someone even if they don't fit in with our dog controled decorating!!! Lovely!! I agree with youa bout Cat but I can't seem to get a handle on the clutter and dust and as soona s I vaccum the dogs seem to shed more!!! What is up with that??? couldn't live without them however!!!
    I am in love witht he fushia stitched paper below- would love to know how you did that!! Itis perfect with the orange mUms atop it!!! JUST TERRIFIC!!!!!

13. These are lovely Corrine but not a patch on your colourful 'from your heart and soul' collages..x

14. Sorry I'm late Corrine…I just spotted these on your blog and thought 'WOW! Now those are pretty…..'
    Bet they look great on the wall of the shop. X