Paper Bag Painting

Yesterday and today I worked on this…

Thinking of flowers, a happy place in this heat.
The heat makes me really cranky, I admit it.
I don’t sleep well and I need to hibernate in a
cool place or I am not fit for human contact.

Somehow this fellow reached out to me and said,
be happy, think of flowers, so I did!

I gessoed a paper bag and slopped paint all over,
then scraped and scraped over the drawing.
Today I redrew with pitt pen and colored pencils.
The paper has a leather feel to it, which I like because
it feels aged and worn.

Think of flowers everyone and stay cool!

Comments

I am very very comfy in my house today. The air is going strong and so are the fans but I too get very cranky in the heat and I also have a hard time breathing when it is sooooo humid. My home is my sanctuary right now, except for the noise of the air conditioners droning…
    Tomorrow, David and I are headed to the beach in the am ! Looking forward to it big time !
    Love your visitor and his happy flowers. I hope you find some good relief too.
    Hugs from far (too stick for hugs from close ! πŸ˜‰ ) !

2. Very neat! I have a few bags that I got when I forgot my reusable ones. I was going to have my daughter paint on them and on cereal boxes but I should do some painting on it too. Already toned so you don't face a white page! πŸ™‚

3. Beate Knappe says:

I like his face
    take care keep cool

4. La Dolce Vita says:

we need to trade places… I will watch your ancient one and you sit with studio dog… I wore a sweat shirt all day and my little grey beard laid in front of the fire!!

5. Deborah says:

I love the happy face and flowers! It is hot hot hot here even though this week we are in the woods and not in the city.

6. Marilyn Rock says:

Very cool and this is a happy painting! Love it! I have been a recluse, in my house, this whole week in the air conditioning! I feel like I'm going crazy! Thankfully; I had my art journal to turn to πŸ™‚ xxoo

7. NuminosityBeads says:

We've finally got the perfect weather after cold and dampness. Too nice to be in the studio even. I love the flowers. You could make a postcard with just them!.
    Stay cool!
    xoxo Kim

8. ArtPropelled says:

This image really makes me happy. How can it not ?