Making Work Optional, Lyle, Lyle, Not a Crocadile, Squam Last Note

Making Work Optional –

Every time I think of my lovely friend
Lyle and our mail out swap, I think of
the children’s book I used to read my son
Lyle, Lyle Crocodile, which was one of his
favorites and it’s my sweet way of thinking
of my feisty bud Lyle.

Speaking of fiesty, check out this envelope
re-do.  It is SOOOOOOOOOO Cool.

Orange, Orange and more, lotus’s budha’s and the best ever
duck stamp just for me!!!

Sweet!!! Hand carved by Lyle of course!!!

Some tiny pressed pulp swirls which did make it in one piece
and the back side – MOO-

A stonyfield foil lid and some ant tag and Orange.

I like this so much I think I may keep it as is and start a new
envelope to send back.  I want to put it in a mail art binder
I am creating to hold all my fab swaps from friends around
the world.  I don’t think Lyle will mind.(postage will be less too)

On my last Squam note, I wanted to acknowledge my roomie
Noel Danforth, who is a fabulous graphic designer and who
designed the Fall Squam bag in 2009 and our new apron for
this Spring’s event.

These were great to wear and a handy place to clip our
hand made name tags and our meal tickets so we could
still eat in the dining hall.  Thanks Noel, for designing these
and being a great roomie this year. xox  Corrine

Comments

1. Finally caught up with your Squam posts, what a fabulous setting, I can just see me laying on those boards! Some great work done in those classes too. Love that duck stamp!

2. Karin Bartimole says:

Lyle does the BEST envelopes!! thanks for sharing pics of your treasures Corrine, it's a fun post! xo K

Woohoo ! Such juicy arty stuff going on in you, Lovely Corrine – and I love that you are shairng it with some great peeps like Lyle ! and a wonderful human being !
    Keep up with the awesome play !

4. lyle baxter says:

thanks so much for all the compliments! glad you are happy with the duck! I almost kept your last work of art and started anew! but I figured it was your turn to decide! fine by me. i did keep photos of it! aside from the ones that are on the blog. It was great.p.s. you were lucky to have such a talented roomieat squam.

5. Jensters says:

What an envelope love it, great duck to Corrine….does squam stand for something?! loving the apron too xx

6. Marilyn Rock says:

Love the apron, and again, thanks so much for sharing so much with us. The envelope is wonderful! xxoo

7. ArtPropelled says:

Enchanting! Dear Lyle and her beautiful stamps and envelopes. The duck is gorgeous, the pulp swirls divine and your collaboration works wonderfully well.

8. artymess says:

wow thats mail art..taken to another level….xx

9. My favorite is the buddha image – its awesome! But the whole envelope is really rocking, you're one lucky girl! :-)

10. Sorry I'm late finding this post – but I'm glad I did. Its full of inspiration! I want that duck stamp! :-)