Coloroholic As Lorna Would Say

I had to spend this glorious morning in the
office doing tedious, mind-numbing database
work. Needless to say a shot of color was essential
on this new steamy summer (90F/32C) day.

Lorna made me lol with her comment
that I am a coloroholic like her, which
is entirely true.

To make up for the mind-numbing, I
decided to mind-expand some grey matter
and play with photoshop elements.

A layered collage of my new coral bark
Japanese maple did the trick and sparked
colors galore to honor the vibrancy of
good friends like Lorna and life itself.

The photo collage itself…

And the larger piece…

Thanks Lorna for the laugh
and companionship of another
coloroholic.  Is there a 12 step program for that????

Candace arrived at the post office today and is busy
flirting with David in Boston.  Wild woman that she
is….more on her adventure with us if I can break her
away from David!

Comments

1. artymess says:

He He Corrine….this collage is GLORIOUS…..what is it that excites us so much about colour? I am so pleased I have met someone like me …my eyes go 'warm' when I see certain colour combinations it's almost spiritual and emotional colour brings me such joy …..thanks …xx ps don't tell Candace about Augustus can't wait to see her face when she arrives here …..xx

2. I sure hope there is no cure for COLOR!!!!!! I am a colorholic and proud of it! Well done!

3. Mrs Moen says:

Well, Snap already said it, but I sure hope there is no cure for colouroholics, they make life so much brighter!

If that is an illness, I don't want no cure !~ Here's to COLOR !
    Enjoy your friend – keep her away from my David. šŸ˜‰
    Cheers !

5. Heloise says:

Glorious colour, life would be so dull without it.

6. Hi….thank you for visiting me, you have a wonderful COLOURFUL blog and I've loved having a look around!
    Linda šŸ™‚

7. I love love this collage!!! the colors, the layers…..totally inspiring!! kindest regards, steph

8. lyle baxter says:

you know I love all the color too and I really like all the texture! keep them coming! lyle

9. NuminosityBeads says:

I rode my bike 7 miles so I could see the pictures on your blog and comment.
    I got a package from the Netherlands in a colored paper swap and mixed them with some pieces I won in a giveaway. I felt like just diving in and using the materials immediately and see what would happen.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

xoxo Kim

10. Amanda Fall - PersistentGreen says:

Coming from another coloroholic (I can stop any time I want to! Hee hee), this is DIVINE! Such a feast for the eyes. Yum yum!