Crossroads and Sleepy Amigos

Today I read the post by Victoria
of SillyBooDilly and fell in love
with her Crossroads Flags.

I realized all at once how that word
crossroads resonated with me today
and how I have been soul searching
what comes next.  The creative life
is something I am embracing every
day and it makes me feel so fulfilled
but there is a little voice in the back
of my head that is quietly saying
break out, break out.

What that means I don’t know yet
but I am working on it.

I have been happily chatting in
blogland with some lovely women
far and wide and doing some swaps
and enjoying every moment but
there is still that little voice whispering
break out break out.

Today the mail art envelope is a bit
of a jumble, that crossroads again, but
at least the three amigos have settled
in. From whirling dervish to huddle of fur.

Comments

1. Deborah says:

Adorable!

2. todays picture is great. you can feel the acttion. the 3 amigos look great sleeping how are they awake? the change of seasons must be affecting us. I too feel the need for change! mailed you an almost empty env. today! fun !lyle

3. artymess says:

you will break out when you're ready …..but take heed to the voices…….I guess the opportunity will come and by listening you won't miss it……….i love the three amigos…I can imagine the energy spent by the way they are zonked out…….Lorna xx

4. Jensters says:

Corrine i love your artwork and would love to know more about your whispering voice…it must be telling you to try something new xx

Crossroads…me too…also feeling a little travel-worn and thinking I may just have to hang out for a bit at the cool inn where the roads meet, gather some strength and then listen to where those voices want me to go…

Love the colors on the envelope. Love, love, love the three amigos all curled up – so cute !
    Love to you…
    (another voice is kind of yelling at me for not getting the squamies together – I feel bad about it…will look for a time. I know it will do me so good !)

6. Victoria says:

I'm so glad that the crossroad flags resonated with you.

Now, not to sound crazy, but I hear all sorts of voices in my head! Each pulling me in different directions… from what I want to do, have to do, or feel I "should do"… in order to be good enough as a wife, mother, daughter, artist, friend… the list never ends. I made the flags as a reminder that it was okay to just stand in the center and just be with the moment at hand… everything will take care of itself in good time.

I also think that when you get those quite whisperings to head in a new direction, it's your souls way of gently nudging you to explore a new path. To often it can feel scary, as we don't know where it will lead us. But I think if you take baby steps, exploring a bit here or there, it's not so frightening, and before you know it you discover something new about yourself.
    Good wishes. xo V

7. Victoria says:

PS. Love those 3 amigos of yours!!

8. Jensters says:

Now you've put it like that Victoria i get these voices too….lol.

Corrine thanks for your comment on my book, i did burn throught the layers to see the different colour behind x

9. ArtPropelled says:

Glorious header ! As for the three amigos all cosy and quiet on their blue cushion…. so sweet.