Today is My Birthday

Today is my birthday,
my 54th birthday, sigh…

And as I reflect on the
past year and look forward
to the next, I realize that this
past year has been one of profound
changes

Of journeys both inward and outward.

Of new friends who live in faraway places

Of old and dearest friends who remain
ever steadfast and true.
To a husband who is there through it all and whom I
dearly love

To those companions I have lost- sweet Blossom

To mysteries yet unsolved.

I wouldn’t trade a day.

Happy Birthday to me.

Comments

1. La Dolce Vita says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! have a blissed out birthday, love!!

2. Many Happy Birthday Wishes to You, dear friend!

Hugs–

3. Deborah says:

Happy Birthday! I enjoyed your photos.

4. Kris Henderson says:

Your words are so very expressive and your photos extend the lovely feeling of your post.
    Happy Birthday to you!

5. Mrs Moen says:

Happy happy birthday! How fun, I recognize some of the places you have been:-)

6. Kathleen Botsford says:

Love your blog! Happy Birthday my fellow 1956er! If you email me with your address, I would love to send you a gift….only for those of us turning 54 this year!

7. Patricia says:

aha! now i get the dos fishes…happy birthday pisces!

8. Doreen G says:

Happy birthday Jan- what a beautiful blog post you have written.

9. lyle baxter says:

May you have many more to come all healthy and happy! you are just a kid! lyle

10. gretchen says:

Sending sweet birthday wishes your way and lots of hugs- and big thanks for all your generous sharing.
    xoxo ~ gretchen

11. a very happy birthday to you— wonderful photos and collages– your art is your gift to yourself

12. A belated Happy Birthday to you… I hope you had a special time x

13. Candace says:

I hope you had the happiest of days and that this year is the best ever. Those photos were so engaging! Very lovely post!
    Thanks for your own visit and have a Coca-Cola on me, my Friend.
    Candace in Athens.

14. Kickcan and Conkers says:

Happy Happy birthday – savour every minute of this wonderful life :)

15. Marilyn Rock says:

Happy, joyous, hopeful birthday!! Wonderful photos to celebrate YOU and what and who you treasure!!! Many, many healthy and joyous years ahead! xxoo

16. Belated birthday wishes! But I know you have an entire year to celebrate … and create … and continue to inspire the rest of us to shine our light out into this world.

17. Hope you had a very Happy Birthday! I have two friends whose b-day is today so I think it must be an auspicious time of year or something for nice and creative people!